Small Cluster Re-IP process

I wanted to let the group know that I just completed a relatively painless IP address transition of a 3-node cluster from a flat allocated IP space to one using a dedicated (and different) network space for the "public" and "cluster" networks.

This includes changing the block-serving address of the OSD hosts as well as ading a clustering interface. It also includes re-IP-ing MON hosts. In my case, each of the 3 hosts serves both purposes, but I believe the process would work the same regardless.

Although the ceph.com documentation was a bit harrowing on the prospect, I was able to do so never having any more than one logical OSD node or MON node out of the pool and had 0 downtime with kvm/libvirt hosts using the cluster for block storage.

Is there an interest in writing out the steps for general consumption or is this the kind of things most folks are already comfortable with?

Thanks.
Dan

--
Dan Geist dan(@)polter.net