Re: Ceph RBD

Sage,
Even with cluster file system, it will still need a fencing mechanism to allow SCSI device shared by multiple host, what kind of SCSI reservation RBD currently support?

Fred

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

On Oct 20, 2014 4:42 PM, "Sage Weil" <sage@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 20 Oct 2014, Dianis Dimoglo wrote:
> I installed ceph two nodes, 2 mon 2 osd in xfs, also used the RBD and
> mount the pool on two different ceph host and when I write data through
> one of the hosts at the other I do not see the data, what's wrong?

Although the RBD disk can be shared, that will only be useful if the file
system you put on top is designed to allow that.  The usual suspects
(ext4, xfs, etc.) do not--they assume only a single host is using the disk
at any time.  That means that unless you deploy a cluster fs like ocfs2 or
gfs2, you can only use an RBD on a single host at a time.

sage