Re: why the erasure code pool not support random write?

Hi 池信泽,

On 20/10/2014 06:25, 池信泽 wrote:> hi, cephers:

>       When I look into the ceph source code, I found the erasure code pool not support
> the random write, it only support the append write. Why?

The main reason is because it is complicated. The second reason is that it as a significant impact on performances because writing 1 byte in the middle of a file would require encoding again the entire stripe that contains it.

Cheers

> Is that random write of is erasure code high cost and the performance of the deep scrub is very poor?
>
>  Thanks.

Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre