Re: CRUSH depends on host + OSD?

Hi Dan,
  I'm using Emperor (0.72).  Though I would think CRUSH maps have not changed
that much btw versions?

> That sounds bizarre to me, and I can't reproduce it. I added an osd (which
> was previously not in the crush map) to a fake host=test:
>
>    ceph osd crush create-or-move osd.52 1.0 rack=RJ45 host=test

I have flatter failure domain with only servers/drives.  Looks like you would
have at least rack/server/drive.  Would that make the difference?

> As far as I've experienced, an entry in the crush map with a _crush_ weight
> of zero is equivalent to that entry not being in the map. (In fact, I use
> this to drain OSDs ... I just ceph osd crush reweight osd.X 0, then
> sometime later I crush rm the osd, without incurring any secondary data
> movement).

Is the crush weight the second column of ceph osd tree ?
I'll have to pay attention to that next time I drain a node.

Thanks for investigating!
Chad.