Re: CRUSH depends on host + OSD?

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 11:06:55 -0500, Chad Seys <cwseys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>   When I remove all OSDs on a given host, then wait for all objects (PGs?) to
> be to be active+clean, then remove the host (ceph osd crush remove hostname),
> that causes the objects to shuffle around the cluster again.
>   Why does the CRUSH map depend on hosts that no longer have OSDs on them?
>
> A wonderment question,
> C.

Usually removing OSD without removing host happens when you
remove/replace dead drives.

Hosts are in map so

* CRUSH wont put 2 copies on same node
* you can balance around network interface speed

The question should be "why you remove all OSDs if you are going to
remove host anyway" :)

--
Mariusz Gronczewski, Administrator

Efigence S. A.