Re: Monitor segfaults when updating the crush map

Hi Stephen,

It looks like you're hitting http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/9492 which has been fixed but is not yet available in firefly. The simplest workaround is to min_size 4 in this case.

Cheers

On 09/10/2014 19:31, Stephen Jahl wrote:> Hi All,

> I'm trying to add a crush rule to my map, which looks like this:
>
> rule rack_ruleset {
> ruleset 1
> type replicated
> min_size 1
> max_size 10
> step take default
> step choose firstn 2 type rack
> step chooseleaf firstn 2 type host
> step emit
> }
>
> I'm not configuring any pools to use the ruleset at this time. When I recompile the map, and test the rule with crushtool --test, everything seems fine, and I'm not noticing anything out of the ordinary.
>
> But, when I try to inject the compiled crush map back into the cluster like this:
>
> ceph osd setcrushmap -i /path/to/compiled-crush-map
>
> The monitor process appears to stop, and I see a monitor election happening. Things hang until I ^C the setcrushmap command, and I need to restart the monitor processes to make things happy again (and the crush map never ends up getting updated).
>
> In the monitor logs, I see several segfaults that look like this: http://pastebin.com/K1XqPpbF
>
> I'm running ceph 0.80.5-1trusty on Ubuntu 14.04 with kernel 3.13.0-35-generic.
>
> Anyone have any ideas as to what is happening?
>
> -Steve

Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre