Ceph RBD map debug: error -22 on auth protocol 2 init

Hi folks,

I'm trying to gather additional information surrounding http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/9355 so we can hopefully find the root of what's preventing us from successfully mapping RBD volumes inside a Linux container.

With the RBD kernel module debugging enabled (and cephx authentication disabled so I can echo to the RBD bus) as instructed by joshd, I notice this error in my dmesg:

[ 1005.143340] libceph: error -22 on auth protocol 2 init

Not sure this is the root of the issues, but it's certainly a lead. This may just be caused by the fact that we've disabled authentication in ceph.conf so we can debug this, but was hoping someone from the list could shed some light.

Thanks!

Chris Armstrong
Head of Services
OpDemand / Deis.io