Best practice about using multiple disks on one single OSD

Hi,

I have several servers and each server has 4 disks.
Now I am going to setup Ceph on these servers and use all the 4 disks but it seems one OSD instance can be configured with one backend storage.

So there seems two options to me:

1. Make the 4 disks into a raid0 then setup OSD to use this raid0 but obviously this is not good because one disk failure will ruin the entire storage.
2. Build FS on each disk and start 4 OSD instances on the server.

Both options are not good. So I am wondering what's the best practice of setting up multiple didks on one OSD for Ceph.

Thanks!
Best Regards,

James Jiaming Pan