v0.67.11 dumpling released

On Thu, 25 Sep 2014, Mike Dawson wrote:
> On 9/25/2014 11:09 AM, Sage Weil wrote:
> > v0.67.11 "Dumpling"
> > ===================
> >
> > This stable update for Dumpling fixes several important bugs that affect a
> > small set of users.
> >
> > We recommend that all Dumpling users upgrade at their convenience.  If
> > none of these issues are affecting your deployment there is no urgency.
> >

> > Notable Changes
> > ---------------
> >
> > * common: fix sending dup cluster log items (#9080 Sage Weil)
> > * doc: several doc updates (Alfredo Deza)
> > * libcephfs-java: fix build against older JNI headesr (Greg Farnum)
> > * librados: fix crash in op timeout path (#9362 Matthias Kiefer, Sage Weil)
> > * librbd: fix crash using clone of flattened image (#8845 Josh Durgin)
> > * librbd: fix error path cleanup when failing to open image (#8912 Josh
> > Durgin)
> > * mon: fix crash when adjusting pg_num before any OSDs are added (#9052
> >    Sage Weil)
> > * mon: reduce log noise from paxos (Aanchal Agrawal, Sage Weil)
> > * osd: allow scrub and snap trim thread pool IO priority to be adjusted
> >    (Sage Weil)
>
> Sage,
>
> Thanks for the great work! Could you provide any links describing how to tune
> the scrub and snap trim thread pool IO priority? I couldn't find these
> settings in the docs.

It's

 osd disk thread ioprio class = idle
 osd disk thread ioprio priority = 0

Note that this is a short-term solution; we eventaully want to send all IO
through the same queue so that we can prioritize things more carefully.
This setting will most likely go away in the future.

> IIUC, 0.67.11 does not include the proposed changes to address #9487 or
> #9503, right?

Correct.  That will come later once it's gone through more testing.

Thanks!
sage