"Geom Error" on boot with rbd volume

This turned out to be an issue with the actual image I was
trying to launch.  when I made a second image from a different
source and loaded into Ceph (and after a reboot of the VM host
in question) things just worked.  In another post someone had said it
could be a locking issue--that is possible and if so the reboot of
the VM host would have cleared it.

Some have mentioned that I wouldn't really need a kernel with the rbd.o
module in it because libvirt/qemu doesn't use that kernel module,
it is rather using librbd1.  That is true but there were other auxiliary
scripts in the opennebula ceph datastore driver that did need the rbd
driver.

Thanks for all the help that this list offered.

Steve Timm