Resetting RGW Federated replication

I've had some issues in my secondary cluster.  I'd like to restart
replication from the beginning, without destroying the data in the
secondary cluster.

Reading the radosgw-agent and Admin REST API code, I believe I just need to
stop replication, delete the secondary zone's log_pool, recreate the
log_pool, and restart replication.

Anybody have any thoughts?  I'm still setting up some VMs to test this,
before I try it in production.

Background:
I'm on Emperor (yeah, still need to upgrade).  I believe I ran into
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/7595 .  My read of that patch is that it
prevents the problem from occurring, but doesn't correct corrupt data.  I
tried applying some of the suggested patches, but they only ignored the
error, rather than correcting it.  I finally dropped the corrupt pool.
That allowed the stock Emperor binaries to run without crashing.  The pool
I dropped was my secondary zone's log_pool.

Before I dropped the pool, I copied all of the objects to local disk.
After re-creating the pool, I uploaded the objects.

Now replication is kinda of working, but not correctly.  I have a number of
buckets that are being written to in the primary cluster, but no
replication is occurring.  radosgw-agent says a number of shards have >=
1000 log entries, but then it never processes the buckets in those shards.

Looking back at the pool's contents on local disk, all of the files are 0
bytes.  So I'm assuming all of the important state was stored in the
object's metadata.

I'd like to completely zero out the replication state, then exploit a
feature in radosgw-agent 1.1 that will only replicate the first 1000
objects in buckets, if the bucket isn't being actively written to.  Then I
can restart radosgw-agent 1.2, and let it catch up the active buckets.
That'll save me many weeks and TB of replication.

Obviously, I'll compare bucket listings between the two clusters when I'm
done.  I'll probably try to catch up the read-only bucket's state at a
later date.