ceph backups

Hi fellow cephers,

I'm being asked questions around our backup of ceph, mainly due to data
deletion.

We are currently using ceph to store RBD, S3 and eventually cephFS; and we
would like to be able to devise a plan to backup the information as to
avoid issues with data being deleted from the cluster.

I know RBD has the snapshots, but how can they be automated? Can we rely on
them to perform data recovery?

And for S3/CephFS? Are there any backup methods? Other than copying all the
information into another location?

thanks,
Luis