Can ceph-deploy be used with 'osd objectstore = keyvaluestore-dev' in config file ?

On 19/09/14 15:11, Aegeaner wrote:

> I noticed ceph added key/value store OSD backend feature in firefly, but
> i can hardly get any documentation about how to use it. At last I found
> that i can add a line in ceph.conf:
>
> osd objectstore = keyvaluestore-dev
>
> but got failed with ceph-deploy creating OSDs. According to the log,
> ceph-disk still tried to part a journal partition but failed.
>
> The commands i used  are:
>
> ceph-deploy disk zap CVM-0-11:/dev/hioa
>
> ceph-deploy osd prepare CVM-0-11:/dev/hioa
>
> ceph-deploy osd activate CVM-0-11:/dev/hioa1
>
> Can anyone help me to create a kvstore backend OSD?

Attached script should work (configured to use rocksdb, but just change
to leveldb in the obvious place. It does the whole job assuming you want
a MON and an OSD on the same host, so you may needed to customize it -
or only use the osd part after editing your existing ceph.conf.

It expects that the OSD_DATAPATH points to a mounted filesystem (i.e
does not make use of ceph-disk).

Also some assumption of Ubuntu (i.e upstart) is made when it tries to
start the daemons.

Best wishes

Mark