From: Luke Jing Yuan [jyluke@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2014 9:44 PM
To: Steven C Timm
Cc: ceph-users at lists.ceph.com
Subject: RE: ceph issue:  rbd vs. qemu-kvm

Hi Steven,

Assuming the original image was in qcow2 format, did you convert it back to raw before registering it?

Another tweak I did was enabling and NFS shared the system datastore (id: 0) from the frontend to the other hosts:

nebula at z4-hn01:~$ onedatastore list
  ID NAME                SIZE AVAIL CLUSTER      IMAGES TYPE DS       TM
   0 system            457.7G 92%   z4-cluster-w      0 sys  -        shared
   1 default           457.7G 92%   -                 0 img  fs       shared
   2 files             457.7G 92%   -                 0 fil  fs       ssh
 100 mi-cloud-ceph       7.8T 81%   z4-cluster-w      3 img  ceph     ceph

Regards,
Luke