Replication factor of 50 on a 1000 OSD node cluster

Hi Guys,

We have a cluster with 1000 OSD nodes and 5 MON nodes and 1 MDS node. In order to be able to loose quite a few OSD?s and still survive the load, we were thinking of making the replication factor to 50.

Is that too big of a number? what is the performance implications and any other issues that we should consider before setting it to that. Also, do we need the same number of metadata copies too or it can be less?

Thanks.

?Jiten