osd crash: trim_objectcould not find coid

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 2:53 PM, Francois Deppierraz <francois at ctrlaltdel.ch>
wrote:

> XFS: possible memory allocation deadlock in kmem_alloc (mode:0x250)
>
> All logs from before the disaster are still there, do you have any
> advise on what would be relevant?

This is a problem.  It's not necessarily a deadlock.  The warning is
printed if the XFS memory allocator has to retry more than 100 times when
it's trying to allocate memory.  It either indicates extremely low memory,
or extremely fragmented memory.  Either way, your OSDs are sitting there
trying to allocate memory instead of doing something useful.

By any chance, does your ceph.conf have:
osd mkfs options xfs = -n size=64k

If so, you should start planning to remove that arg, and reformat every
OSD.  Here's a thread where I discussion my (mis) adventures with XFS
allocation deadlocks:
http://lists.ceph.com/pipermail/ceph-users-ceph.com/2014-July/041336.html