Ceph general configuration questions

Hi.
I'm new to ceph and have been going thorough the setup phase. I was able to
setup couple of Proof of Concept cluster. Got some general questions,
thought the community would be able to clarify.

1. I've been using ceph-deploy for deployment. In a 3 Monitor and 3 OSD
configuration, one of the VMs is used as admin node.I see some
configurations with separate admin node. Question is, is there any purpose
of the admin node other than cluster administration.
2. Has any one used SSD devices for Monitors. If so, can you please share
the details ? Any specific changes to the configuration files?

Appreciate your response.

Best,
Shiva,