Bcache / Enhanceio with osds

Hello guys,

Was wondering if anyone uses or done some testing with using bcache or enhanceio caching in front of ceph osds?

I've got a small cluster of 2 osd servers, 16 osds in total and 4 ssds for journals. I've recently purchased four additional ssds to be used for ceph cache pool, but i've found performance of guest vms to be slower with the cache pool for many benchmarks. The write performance has slightly improved, but the read performance has suffered a lot (as much as 60% in some tests).

Therefore, I am planning to scrap the cache pool (at least until it matures) and use either bcache or enhanceio instead.

Thanks

Andrei