Consistent hashing

Hi,
    I would like to know few points regarding the consistent hashing of
CRUSH algorithm.  When I read the algorithm, I noticed that if a selected
bucket(device) is failed or overloaded, it skips and selects a new bucket.
Similar is the case if collision happens. If such an event happens, how is
it ensured that it gives the same set of osds during each run of crush
algorithm?.

In other words, How does the crush algorithm produces same output in both
scenarios 1) when there are devices in the cluster that are
failed/overloaded or collisions occur between selections 2)When all devices
in the cluster are ready to be mapped? .

In scenario 1, cluster map remains the same but, number of devices that are
ready to be mapped are less. In scenario 2,  failed or overloaded devices
are restored.

It would be helpful if someone can help me out to point out how this is
handled?.

Thanks