Cephfs upon Tiering

Hi all,

I am testing the tiering functionality with cephfs. I used a
replicated cache with an EC data pool, and a replicated metadata pool
like this:

ceph osd pool create cache 1024 1024
ceph osd pool set cache size 2
ceph osd pool set cache min_size 1
ceph osd erasure-code-profile set profile11 k=8 m=3 ruleset-failure-domain=osd
ceph osd pool create ecdata 128 128 erasure profile11
ceph osd tier add ecdata cache
ceph osd tier cache-mode cache writeback
ceph osd tier set-overlay ecdata cache
ceph osd pool set cache hit_set_type bloom
ceph osd pool set cache hit_set_count 1
ceph osd pool set cache hit_set_period 3600
ceph osd pool set cache target_max_bytes $((280*1024*1024*1024))
ceph osd pool create metadata 128 128
ceph osd pool set metadata crush_ruleset 1 # SSD root in crushmap
ceph fs new ceph_fs metadata cache      <-- wrong ?

I started testing with this, and this worked, I could write to it with
cephfs and the cache was flushing to the ecdata pool as expected.
But now I notice I made the fs right upon the cache, instead of the
underlying data pool. I suppose I should have done this:

ceph fs new ceph_fs metadata ecdata

So my question is: Was this wrong and not doing the things I thought
it did, or was this somehow handled by ceph and didn't it matter I
specified the cache instead of the data pool?

Thank you!

Kenneth