number of PGs

I was reading on the number of PGs we should have for a cluster, and I
found the formula to place 100 PGs in each OSD (
http://ceph.com/docs/master/rados/operations/placement-groups/).

Now this formula has generated some discussion as to how many PGs we should
have in each pool.

Currently our main cluster is being used for S3, cephFS and RBD data type
usage. So we have 3 very big pools (data, .rgw.buckets and rbd) and 9 small
pools (all the remaining ones).

As we have a total of 60 OSDs we've been discussing how many PGs we should
really have. We are using a replication of 4.

Should we have a total around 1500 PGs distributed over all the pools
(total PGs) or should we have the big pools each with 1500 PGs for a total
around 5000 PGs on the cluster?

thanks,