Cache pool - step by step guide

You mix sata and ssd disks within the same server? Read this:
http://www.sebastien-han.fr/blog/2014/08/25/ceph-mix-sata-and-ssd-within-the-same-box/

When you have different pools for sata and ssd configure cache-pool:

ceph osd tier add satapool ssdpool

ceph osd tier cache-mode ssdpool writeback

ceph osd pool set ssdpool hit_set_type bloom

ceph osd pool set ssdpool hit_set_count 1

*In this example 80-85% of the cache pool is equal to 280GB*

ceph osd pool set ssdpool target_max_bytes $((280*1024*1024*1024))

ceph osd tier set-overlay satapool ssdpool

ceph osd pool set ssdpool hit_set_period 300

ceph osd pool set ssdpool cache_min_flush_age 300   # 10 minutes

ceph osd pool set ssdpool cache_min_evict_age 1800   # 30 minutes

ceph osd pool set ssdpool cache_target_dirty_ratio .4
ceph osd pool set ssdpool cache_target_full_ratio .8

Remember, that the current stable ceph 0.80.5 cache pool osds crashing when
data is evicting to underlying storage pool. See
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/8982