Rebuilding OSD in firefly

Hi all,

I recently upgraded to firefly and found out that rebuilding an OSD no
longer works the easy way: we used to stop an OSD, wipe clean the data, and
start it again and let it refill. With firefly, the OSD would be just stuck
after restart and do nothing.

It seems that we have to remove and re-create the OSD to make it refill.
Previously, the OSD being rebuilt would not even be marked out, which is
nice since no data rebalance happens. Now, if I remove an OSD from the
crushmap, rebalance happens right away, and adding the OSD back triggers
another round of rebalance.

I wonder if there is a recommended way to rebuild OSDs in firefly?

Thanks.
-Simon