From: ceph-users [mailto:ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dan Mick
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2014 5:04 PM
To: ceph-users at lists.ceph.com
Subject: Re: ceph-deploy with mount option like discard, noatime

The mounting is actually done by "ceph-disk", which can also run from a udev rule.  It gets options from the ceph configuration option "osd mount options {fstype}", which you can set globally or per-daemon as with any other ceph option.

On 08/25/2014 04:11 PM, Somnath Roy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ceph-deploy does partition and mount the OSD/journal drive for the user.
> I can't find any option of supplying mount options like
> discard,noatiome etc suitable for SSDs during ceph-deploy.
>
> Is there a way to control it ? If not, what could be the workaround ?
>

> Thanks & Regards
>
> Somnath

> --
>
> PLEASE NOTE: The information contained in this electronic mail message
> is intended only for the use of the designated recipient(s) named above.
> If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are
> hereby notified that you have received this message in error and that
> any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is
> please notify the sender by telephone or e-mail (as shown above)
> immediately and destroy any and all copies of this message in your
> possession (whether hard copies or electronically stored copies).

Dan Mick, Filesystem Engineering
Inktank Storage, Inc.   http://inktank.com
Ceph docs: http://ceph.com/docs