From: Gregory Farnum [mailto:greg@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2014 10:50 AM
To: Bruce McFarland
Cc: ceph-users at ceph.com
Subject: Re: osd_heartbeat_grace set to 30 but osd's still fail for grace > 20

Each daemon only reads conf values from its section (or its daemon-type section, or the global section). You'll need to either duplicate the "osd heartbeat grace" value in the [mon] section or put it in the [global] section instead. This is one of the misleading values; sorry about that...

Anyway, as Christian said in your other thread, this isn't your issue ? the OSD heartbeat failures are your issue. You'll need to sort out whatever's going on there.
-Greg