Von: Craig Lewis [clewis at centraldesktop.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 19. August 2014 22:24
An: Riederer, Michael
Cc: ceph-users at lists.ceph.com
Betreff: Re: [ceph-users] HEALTH_WARN 4 pgs incomplete; 4 pgs stuck inactive; 4 pgs stuck unclean

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 1:22 AM, Riederer, Michael <Michael.Riederer at br.de<mailto:Michael.Riederer at br.de>> wrote:

root at ceph-admin-storage:~# ceph pg force_create_pg 2.587
pg 2.587 now creating, ok
root at ceph-admin-storage:~# ceph pg 2.587 query
          "probing_osds": [
                "5",
                "8",
                "10",
                "13",
                "20",
                "35",
                "46",
                "56"],

All mentioned osds "probing_osds" are up and in, but the cluster can not create the pg. Not even scrub, deep-scrub or repair it.

My experience is that as long as you have down_osds_we_would_probe in the pg query, ceph pg force_create_pg won't do anything. ceph osd lost didn't help. The PGs would go into the creating state, then revert to incomplete. The only way I was able to get them to stay in the creating state was to re-create all of the OSD IDs listed in down_osds_we_would_probe.

Even then, it wasn't deterministic. I issued the ceph pg force_create_pg, and it actually took effect sometime in the middle of the night, after an unrelated OSD went down and up.

It was a very frustrating experience.

Just to be sure, that I did it the right way:
# stop ceph-osd id=x
# ceph osd out x
# ceph osd crush remove osd.x
# ceph auth del osd.x
# ceph osd rm x

My procedure was the same as yours, with the addition of a ceph osd lost x before ceph osd rm.
Bayerischer Rundfunk; Rundfunkplatz 1; 80335 M?nchen
Telefon: +49 89 590001; E-Mail: info at BR.de; Website: http://www.BR.de