stale+incomplete pgs on new cluster

[Re-adding the list]

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 2:24 PM, Randy Smith <rbsmith at adams.edu> wrote:
> Gregory,
>
> # ceph osd tree
> # id    weight  type name       up/down reweight
> -1      0.2     root default
> -2      0.2             host cs00
> 0       0.09999                 osd.0   up      1
> 1       0.09999                 osd.1   up      1
>
> The min_size on the ruleset is 1.  Here's the relevant portion of my
> crushmap.

Sorry, by "min_size" I mean the member associated with the pool, not
with the rule. You should be able to see it by looking at the pools
section of "ceph osd dump", among others. I believe that by default it
should be 2, and the full size is 3...which if you have 2 OSDs and
aren't segregating across hosts should be good, but I'm guessing your
pools are using the default rules that will want to segregate across
hosts.
-Greg