Show IOps per VM/client to find heavy users...

Hi,

On 08 Aug 2014, at 15:55, Andrija Panic <andrija.panic at gmail.com<mailto:andrija.panic at gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi Dan,

thank you very much for the script, will check it out...no thortling so far, but I guess it will have to be done...

This seems to read only gziped logs?

Well it?s pretty simple, and it zcat?s each input file. So yes, only gz files in the current script. But you can change that pretty trivially ;)

so since read only I guess it is safe to run it on proudction cluster now? ?

I personally don?t do anything new on a Friday just before leaving ;)

But its just grepping the log files, so start with one, then two, then...

The script will also check for mulitply OSDs as far as I can understadn, not just osd.0 given in script comment ?

Yup, what I do is gather all of the OSD logs for a single day in a single directory (in CephFS ;), then run that script on all of the OSDs. It takes awhile, but it will give you the overall daily totals for the whole cluster.

If you are only trying to find the top users, then it is sufficient to check a subset of OSDs, since by their nature the client IOs are spread across most/all OSDs.

Cheers, Dan

Thanks a lot.
Andrija