What is difference in storing data between rbd and rados ?

On Thu, 7 Aug 2014, debian Only wrote:
> Hope expert give me some light

>       I am confuse to understand how File store in Ceph.
>
> I do two test. where is the File or the object for the File
>
> ?rados put Python.msi Python.msi -p data
> ?rbd -p testpool create fio_test --size 2048
> ?
> rados command of ? means use Ceph as Object storage ?
> rbd command of ? means use Ceph as Block storage ?
>
> As i known, object in Ceph is 4M by default. ?this Object will put in
> PG.?
> so i try do test as blow. ?the fio_test image store in Ceph by 512
> object. ?512?object? * 4 = 2048
> and i can get object in testpool.
>
> # rbd -p testpool info fio_test
> rbd image 'fio_test':
> ? ? ? ? size 2048 MB in 512 objects
> ? ? ? ? order 22 (4096 kB objects)
> ? ? ? ? block_name_prefix: rb.0.1b6f.2ae8944a
> ? ? ? ? format: 1
> # rados -p testpool ls |grep rb.0.1b6f.2ae8944a |wc -l
> 512 ??
>

> but when i check the data pool, only one file :Python.msi (26M), why
> not split Python.msi to many object(4M) ??????
>
> t# rados ls -p pool-B
> python.msi

The striping happens *above* the rados layer.  In this case, it is librbd
that is striping a large image across lots of smaller objects (that it is
naming).  CephFS clients do the same thing.  The rados CLI is talking
directly to that lower layer and storing a single (large) object.

There is a new librados_striper library that provides lightweight striping
functionality and handles things like delete in a reasonable way for
applications that need that functionality...

sage