Ceph writes stall for long perioids with no disk/network activity

On Aug 1, 2014, at 1:31 PM, Mariusz Gronczewski wrote:
> I got weird stalling during writes, sometimes I got same write speed
> for few minutes and after some time it starts stalling with 0 MB/s for
> minutes

I'm getting very similar behavior on my cluster. My writes start well but then just kinda stop for a while and then bump along slowly until the bench finishes. I've got a thread about it going here called "Ceph runs great then falters".