cache pools on hypervisor servers

Hello guys,

I was hoping to get some answers on how would ceph behaive when I install SSDs on the hypervisor level and use them as cache pool. Let's say I've got 10 kvm hypervisors and I install one 512GB ssd on each server. I then create a cache pool for my storage cluster using these ssds. My questions are:

1. How would the network IO flow when I am performing read and writes on the virtual machines? Would writes get stored on the hypervisor's ssd disk right away or would the rights be directed to the osd servers first and then redirected back to the cache pool on the hypervisor's ssd? Similarly, would reads go to the osd servers and then redirected to the cache pool on the hypervisors?

2. Would majority of network traffic shift to the cache pool level and stay at the hypervisors level rather than hypervisor / osd server level?

Many thanks

Andrei