Firefly OSDs stuck in creating state forever

What happens if you remove nodown?  I'd be interested to see what OSDs
it thinks are down. My next thought would be tcpdump on the private
interface.  See if the OSDs are actually managing to connect to each other.

For comparison, when I bring up a cluster of 3 OSDs it goes to HEALTH_OK
nearly instantly (definitely under a minute!), so it's probably not just
taking awhile.

Does 'ceph osd dump' show the proper public and private IPs?