ceph features monitored by nagios

Hi.

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 1:07 AM, pragya jain <prag_2648 at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am studying nagios for monitoring ceph features.
>
> different plugins of nagios monitor ceph cluster health, o0sd status,
> monitor status etc.

We use these:
https://github.com/rochaporto/ceph-nagios-plugins

and sent patches back to the original fork from Valery.

> My questions are:
> * Does Nagios monitor ceph for cluster, pool and each PG for
> - CPU utilization
> - memory utilization
> - Network Utilization
> - total storage capacity, storage capacity used, storage capacity remaining
> etc.

We're using collectd for those:
https://github.com/rochaporto/collectd-ceph

mostly because we did it before Calamari was opened. Have you looked
at Calamari?
https://github.com/ceph/calamari

> * Does Nagios monitor ceph for drive configuration, Bad sectors/ fragmented
> disk, Co-resident monitors/OSDs, Co-resident processes, Kernel version,
> Mounted filesystem for each OSD?

I don't know how much of that is shown in Calamari, but you can find
generic nagios plugins for most of those.

Cheers,
  Ricardo