logrotate

On Fri, 11 Jul 2014, James Eckersall wrote:
> Upon further investigation, it looks like this part of the ceph logrotate
> script is causing me the problem:
>
> if [ -e "/var/lib/ceph/$daemon/$f/done" ] && [ -e
> "/var/lib/ceph/$daemon/$f/upstart" ] && [ ! -e
> "/var/lib/ceph/$daemon/$f/sysvinit" ]; then
>
> I don't have a "done" file in the mounted directory for any of my osd's. ?My
> mon's all have the done file and logrotate is working fine for those.

Was this cluster created a while ago with mkcephfs?

> So my question is, what is the purpose of the "done" file and should I just
> create one for each of my osd's ?

It's used by the newer ceph-disk stuff to indicate whether the OSD
directory is propertly 'prepared' and whether the startup stuff should pay
attention.

If these are active OSDs, yeah, just touch 'done'.  (Don't touch sysvinit,
though, if you are enumerating the daemons in ceph.conf with host = foo
lines.)

sage