Throttle pool pg_num/pgp_num increase impact

Hi Greg,
We're also due for a similar splitting exercise in the not too distant future, and will also need to minimize the impact on latency.

In addition to increasing pg_num in small steps and using a minimal max_backfills/recoveries configuration, I was planning to increase pgp_num very slowly as well. In fact, I don't mind if the whole splitting exercise takes weeks to complete. Do you think that'd work, or are intermediate values for pgp_num somehow counterproductive?

Cheers, Dan