Question about placing different pools on different osds

Hi,

I have some osd's on hdd's and some on ssd's, just like the example in
these docs:

http://ceph.com/docs/firefly/rados/operations/crush-map/

Now I'd like to place an erasure encoded pool on the hdd's and a
replicated (cache) pool on the ssd's. In order to do that, I have to
split the crush maps into two roots, according to the docs.

The way the docs describe it, I have to create two roots, and then
separate "server"-nodes for ssd's and hdd's, then the osd's under the
right server node.
My hdd's and ssd's are mixed within hosts though: I have four physical
hosts each with a couple of hdd's and an ssd. So there is not a
hdd-server and a ssd-server, like in the docs. Or do I have to create
two server-nodes per host? It appears to me that not all rules will
still work the same way in that case.

Regards,

Erik.