Issues upgrading from 0.72.x (emperor) to 0.81.x (firefly)

Hi,

> I can't help you with packaging issues, but i can tell you that the
> rbdmap executable got moved to a different package at some point, but
> I believe the official ones handle it properly.

I'll see tonight when doing the other nodes. Maybe it's a result of
using dist-upgrade rather than just "upgrade" + "install ceph".

> And I'm just guessing here (like I said, can't help with packaging),
> but I think the deleted /etc/ceph is a result of the force-overwrite
> option you used.

Nope, that happened before I used that option :p

>> Now it might be "normal", but being the production cluster, I can't
>> risk and upgrading more than half the mons if I'm not sure this is
>> indeed normal and not a symptom that the install/update failed and
>> that the mon is not actually working.
>
> That's not normal. A first guess is that you didn't give the new
> monitor the same keyring as the old ones, but I couldn't say for sure
> without more info. Turn up logging and post it somewhere?

jao on IRC just debugged this and it turns out that you have to
upgrade the leader monitor first because of a message (MForward)
incompatibility between the two versions (due to
b4fbe4f81348be74c654f3dae1c20a961b99c895 I think).

Cheers,

   Sylvain