external monitoring tools for ceph

Hi all,

if it should be nagios/icinga and not Zabbix, there is a remote check
from me that can be found here:

https://github.com/Crapworks/check_ceph_dash

This one uses ceph-dash to monitor the overall cluster status via http:

https://github.com/Crapworks/ceph-dash

But it can be easily adopted to work together with ceph-rest-api since
the outout is nearly the same.

Regards,
Christian

Am 01.07.2014 10:24, schrieb Pierre BLONDEAU:
> Hi,
>
> May be you can use that : https://github.com/thelan/ceph-zabbix, but i
> am interested to view Craig's script and template.
>
> Regards
>
> Le 01/07/2014 10:16, Georgios Dimitrakakis a ?crit :
>> Hi Craig,
>>
>> I am also interested at the Zabbix templates and scripts if you can
>> publish them.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> G.
>>
>> On Mon, 30 Jun 2014 18:15:12 -0700, Craig Lewis wrote:
>>> You should check out Calamari (https://github.com/ceph/calamari [3]),
>>> Inktanks monitoring and administration tool.
>>>
>>>  I started before Calamari was announced, so I rolled my own using
>>> using Zabbix.  It handles all the monitoring, graphing, and alerting
>>> in one tool.  Its kind of a pain to setup, but works ok now that its
>>> going.
>>> I dont know how to handle the cluster view though.  Im monitoring
>>> individual machines.  Whenever something happens, like an OSD stops
>>> responding, I get an alert from every monitor.  Otherwise its not a
>>> big deal.
>>>
>>> Im in the middle of re-factoring the data gathering from poll to push.
>>>  If youre interested, I can publish my templates and scripts when Im
>>> done.

>>> Links:
>>> ------
>>> [1] mailto:ceph-users at lists.ceph.com
>>> [3] https://github.com/ceph/calamari
>>> [4] mailto:prag_2648 at yahoo.co.in

Christian Eichelmann
Systemadministrator

1&1 Internet AG - IT Operations Mail & Media Advertising & Targeting
Brauerstra?e 48 ? DE-76135 Karlsruhe
Telefon: +49 721 91374-8026
christian.eichelmann at 1und1.de

Amtsgericht Montabaur / HRB 6484
Vorst?nde: Henning Ahlert, Ralph Dommermuth, Matthias Ehrlich, Robert
Hoffmann, Markus Huhn, Hans-Henning Kettler, Dr. Oliver Mauss, Jan Oetjen