Multiple L2 LAN segments with Ceph

On 05/28/2014 07:01 PM, Travis Rhoden wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Does anybody know if there are any issues running Ceph with multiple L2
> LAN segements?  I'm picturing a large multi-rack/multi-row deployment
> where you may give each rack (or row) it's own L2 segment, then connect
> them all with L3/ECMP in a leaf-spine architecture.

For a PoC I have set up such a environment with IPv6. The cluster was
spread out over 3 racks.

Each rack had it's own /64 IPv6 subnet where the top-of-rack switch was
also a L3 router.

The /64 subnets all came from a larger /56 subnet so all clients only
had 1 route.

That worked just fine.

The point is, just make sure there is a Layer 3 route from all nodes to
each other.