Is there a way to repair placement groups? [Offtopic - ZFS]

IMHO, you were probably either benchmarking the wrong thing or had a really
unusual use profile.  RAIDZ* always does full-stripe reads so it can verify
checksums, so even small reads hit all of the devices in the vdev.  That
means that you get 0 parallelism on small reads, unlike most other RAID5+
systems where disks can read independently.  So, with an 8-disk RAIDZ
(RAIDZ2, RAIDZ3...) setup, you'll only get 1 disk worth of read IOPS,
instead of 6-8 disks worth.  That's a pretty massive hit.

The bandwidth, availability, and general hassle of RAIDZ2 is nice, though.