WSGI file for ceph-rest-api

On 05/27/2014 02:20 PM, Wido den Hollander wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to run the ceph_rest_api module as a WSGI application behind
> Apache with mod_wsgi but I'm struggling a bit.
>
> Not having used WSGI that much I'm stuck on the .wsgi file. Has anybody
> done this before?
>
> I've been reading the Flask [0] and Ceph [1] docs, but it's not clear to
> me yet.
>
> I need a WSGI file to bootstrap it all, but what should I put in the
> WSGI file and my Apache (2.4) VirtualHost?
>
> So far my VirtualHost is fairly simple:
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>      DocumentRoot /var/www
>      ServerName ceph-rest-api
>
>      ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/ceph-rest-api_error.log
>      CustomLog /var/log/apache2/ceph-rest-api_access.log combined
>
>      WSGIScriptAlias / /var/www/ceph-rest-api.wsgi
> </VirtualHost>
>
> [0]: http://flask.pocoo.org/docs/deploying/mod_wsgi/
> [1]: http://eu.ceph.com/docs/master/man/8/ceph-rest-api/

So, I spend some time on this today again and the issue was really
simple. I was using Python 3 mod_wsgi under Ubuntu 14.04 which is not
working with librados and the ceph_rest_api module which are Python 2.7

I created a Github gist with my wrapper and some documentation in there:
https://gist.github.com/wido/8bf032e5f482bfef949c

I'll push a patch later to the master branch with this wsgi file and
documentation updates.

--
Wido den Hollander
42on B.V.