osd pool default pg num problem

The other thing to note, too, is that it appears you're trying to decrease the PG/PGP_num parameters, which is not supported.  In order to decrease those settings, you'll need to delete and recreate the pools.  All new pools created will use the settings defined in the ceph.conf file.

-----Original Message-----
From: ceph-users [mailto:ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Spray
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2014 6:38 AM
To: Cao, Buddy
Cc: ceph-users at lists.ceph.com; ceph-user at ceph.com
Subject: Re: osd pool default pg num problem

Those settings are applied when creating new pools with "osd pool create", but not to the pools that are created automatically during cluster setup.

We've had the same question before
(http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.ceph.user/8150), so maybe it's worth opening a ticket to do something about it.

Cheers,
John