Slow IOPS on RBD compared to journal and backing devices

For what it's worth (very little in my case)...

Since the cluster wasn't in production yet and Firefly (0.80.1) did hit
Debian Jessie today I upgraded it.

Big mistake...

I did the recommended upgrade song and dance, MONs first, OSDs after that.

Then applied "ceph osd crush tunables default" as per the update
instructions and since "ceph -s" was whining about it.

Lastly I did a "ceph osd pool set rbd hashpspool true" and after that was
finished (people with either a big cluster or slow network probably should
avoid this like the plague) I re-ran the below fio from a VM (old or new
client libraries made no difference) again.

The result, 2800 write IOPS instead of 3200 with Emperor.

So much for improved latency and whatnot...

Christian