Firefly 0.80 rados bench cleanup / object removal broken?

I was experimenting previously with 0.72 , and could easily cleanup pool
objects from several previous rados bench (write) jobs with :

rados -p <poolname> cleanup bench      (would remove all objects starting
with "bench")

I quickly realised when I moved to 0.80 that my script was broken and
theoretically I now need:

rados -p <poolname> cleanup --prefix benchmark_data

But this only works sometimes, and sometimes partially. Issuing the command
line twice seems to help a bit !  Also if I do "rados -p <poolname> ls"
before hand, it seems to increase my chances of success, but often I am
still left with benchmark objects undeleted. I also tried using the
--run-name option to no avail.

The story gets more bizarre now I have set up a "hot SSD" cachepool in
front of the backing OSD (SATA) pool. Objects won't delete from either pool
with rados cleanup  I tried

"rados -p <cachepoolname> cache-flush-evict-all"

which worked (rados df shows all objects now on the backing pool). Then
bizarrely trying cleanup from the backing OSD pool just appears to copy
them back into the cachepool, and they remain on the backing pool.

I can list individual object names with

rados -p <poolname> ls

but rados rm <objectname> will not remove individual objects stating "file
or directory not found".

Are others seeing these things and any ways to work around or am I doing
something wrong?  Are these commands now deprecated in which case what
should I use?

Ubuntu 12.04, Kernel 3.14.0

Matt Latter