mon create error

On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 1:36 PM, reistlin87 <reistlin87 at yandex.ru> wrote:

> [...]
>
> Hi all! Sorry for my english, I am russian)
>
> We get the same error on diffrent linux distro(CentOS 6.4 & SuSe 11),
> diffrent ceph version (0.67,0.72,0.8).
>
> Point of error:
>
> We want to create new cluster with non-standart name(for example cephtst):
> [root at admin ceph]# ceph-deploy --cluster cephtst new mon
> Cluster creates Ok.
>
> And then we want to create monitor:
> [root at admin ceph]# ceph-deploy --cluster cephtst mon create mon
>
> We get a error related to name of admin socket:
> [root at admin ceph]# ceph-deploy --cluster cephtst mon create mon
> [ceph_deploy.conf][DEBUG ] found configuration file at:
> /root/.cephdeploy.conf
> [ceph_deploy.cli][INFO  ] Invoked (1.5.1): /usr/bin/ceph-deploy --cluster
> cephtst mon create mon
> [ceph_deploy.mon][DEBUG ] Deploying mon, cluster cephtst hosts mon
> [ceph_deploy.mon][DEBUG ] detecting platform for host mon ...
> [mon][DEBUG ] connected to host: mon
> [mon][DEBUG ] detect platform information from remote host
> [mon][DEBUG ] detect machine type
> [ceph_deploy.mon][INFO  ] distro info: CentOS 6.5 Final
> [mon][DEBUG ] determining if provided host has same hostname in remote
> [mon][DEBUG ] get remote short hostname
> [mon][DEBUG ] deploying mon to mon
> [mon][DEBUG ] get remote short hostname
> [mon][DEBUG ] remote hostname: mon
> [mon][DEBUG ] write cluster configuration to /etc/ceph/{cluster}.conf
> [mon][DEBUG ] create the mon path if it does not exist
> [mon][DEBUG ] checking for done path: /var/lib/ceph/mon/cephtst-mon/done
> [mon][DEBUG ] create a done file to avoid re-doing the mon deployment
> [mon][DEBUG ] create the init path if it does not exist
> [mon][DEBUG ] locating the `service` executable...
> [mon][INFO  ] Running command: /sbin/service ceph -c /etc/ceph/cephtst.conf
> start mon.mon
> [mon][DEBUG ] === mon.mon ===
> [mon][DEBUG ] Starting Ceph mon.mon on mon...already running
> [mon][INFO  ] Running command: ceph --cluster=cephtst --admin-daemon
> /var/run/ceph/cephtst-mon.mon.asok mon_status
> [mon][ERROR ] admin_socket: exception getting command descriptions: [Errno
> 2] No such file or directory
> [mon][WARNIN] monitor: mon.mon, might not be running yet
> [mon][INFO  ] Running command: ceph --cluster=cephtst --admin-daemon
> /var/run/ceph/cephtst-mon.mon.asok mon_status
> [mon][ERROR ] admin_socket: exception getting command descriptions: [Errno
> 2] No such file or directory
> [mon][WARNIN] monitor mon does not exist in monmap
> [mon][WARNIN] neither `public_addr` nor `public_network` keys are defined
> for monitors
> [mon][WARNIN] monitors may not be able to form quorum
> Unhandled exception in thread started by
> Error in sys.excepthook:
> Original exception was:
>
> And in this time in folder /var/run/ceph/ present file with name
> ceph-mon.mon.asok
>
> Why does name of admin socket not changes to right?

There is this one line that looks very suspicious to me:

> [mon][DEBUG ] Starting Ceph mon.mon on mon...already running

This suggests that you may have already tried to create a cluster with
the default cluster name and then have tried
to re-create the cluster with a custom name without cleaning everything out.

However! even though that might be the case, while trying to replicate
this issue I found that I was unable to get
a monitor daemon to start.

The ticket for that issue is http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/8391