Re: why object can't be recovered when delete one replica

> I upload a file through swift API, then delete it in the “current” directory
> in the secondary OSD manually, why the object can’t be recovered?
>
> If I delete it in the primary OSD, the object is deleted directly in the
> pool .rgw.bucket and it can’t be recovered from the secondary OSD.
>
> Do anyone know this behavior?

This is because the placement group containing that object likely
needs to scrub (just a light scrub should do). The scrub will compare
the two replicas, notice the replica is missing from the secondary and
trigger recovery/backfill. Can you try scrubbing the placement group
containing the removed object and let us know if it triggers recovery?

--

Kyle