Questions about Ceph

Hello,

I plan to setup a Ceph cluster for a small size hosting company. The aim is to have customers data (website and mail folders) in a distributed cluster. Then to setup different servers like web, smtp, pop and imap, accessing the the cluster data.

The goals are:

* Store all data replicated across different nodes
* Have all data accessible for every server (like www servers). This way, we can easily move a web from a server into another, or from, let's say apache to nginx. Or have all email accounts accessible from every pop/imap server.

I am about to build a 3 node cluster to start tests: 1 MDS with 240Gb SSD and 2 OSD+Monitor with 2x2Tb, with 32 Gb of Ram each and will be interconnected with a 1Gb Private LAN.

Mainly, the servers using the cluster will provide Web serving, FTP access and Email SMTP, POP and IMAP. Also I need to provide MySQL database, which I am not sure how data fits in a Ceph cluster.

I have some questions:

1) The plan is to keep MDS node dedicated. Will OSD's be able to act as webservers (apache and proftpd) or mail servers (postfix, dovecot, amavis and spamassassin).
2) How can I manage to have MySQL data stored in Ceph? Is that a good idea? Any suggestions?
3) To prevent major disasters, What is a good practice/strategy to backup/replicate data in the cluster?

Thanks in advance,
Jordi