Re: Pool Count incrementing on each create even though I removed the pool each time

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 12:20 PM, Sage Weil <sage@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Mar 2014, John Spray wrote:
>> Hi Matt,
>>
>> This is expected behaviour: pool IDs are not reused.
>
> The IDs go up, but I think the 'count' shown there should not.. i.e.
> num_pools != max_pool_id.  So probably a subtle bug, I expect in the
> print_summary or similar method in PGMonitor.cc?

I had assumed this was the result of having PGs stick around after the
pool had been deleted, but in testing that's not the case -- the pool
count outlasts the PGs. And I didn't track it down to the actual bug,
but there is definitely code trying to remove pools from the
PGMap::pg_pool_sum map. :/
-Greg