RBD as backend for iSCSI SAN Targets

Hi Everyone,

I am just wondering if any of you are running a ceph cluster with an iSCSI target front end? I know this isn’t available out of the box, unfortunately in one particular use case we are looking at providing iSCSI access and it's a necessity. I am liking the idea of having rbd devices serving block level storage to the iSCSI Target servers while providing a unified backed for native rbd access by openstack and various application servers. On multiple levels this would reduce the complexity of our SAN environment and move us away from expensive proprietary solutions that don’t scale out.

If any of you have deployed any HA iSCSI Targets backed by rbd I would really appreciate your feedback and any thoughts.

Karol