Re: OSD down after PG increase

On 03/13/2014 02:08 AM, Gandalf Corvotempesta wrote:
> I've increased PG number to a running cluster.
> After this operation, all OSDs from one node was marked as down.
>
> Now, after a while, i'm seeing that OSDs are slowly coming up again
> (sequentially) after rebalancing.
>
> Is this an expected behaviour ?

Hello Gandalf,

Yes, if you have essentially high amount of commited data in the cluster
and/or large number of PG(tens of thousands). If you have a room to
experiment with this transition from scratch you may want to play with
numbers in the OSD` queues since they causing deadlock-like behaviour on
operations like increasing PG count or large pool deletion. If cluster
has no I/O at all at the moment, such behaviour is not expected definitely.